Thursday, October 1, 2026

NOISEKILLR - Noisekillr The Hedgehog - NOISEKILLR 40,MVMT 274


Sonic the Hedgehog,I never really got into it,Ive played it ,of course,but it never appealed to me much....I made a few takes on Noisekillr the Hedgehog art on the ol computer program crap...and then I got some soundtrack music from the game ,and sound effects,and I fucked them up to be unrecognizable from any song you ever heard in the game.....why I bet diehard fans would be hard pressed to point out a part of this release that resembles anything from any sonic game....no,no....no...this is sonic noise,made by Noisekiller the Hedgehog....I used a wide variety of pedals,and I tried to mix up theur usage real good,so you have sometimes,multiple parts of one track that all sound totally diferent,and make it into a multi-part noise anthem,or some fine ambience as evidenced on track 1..... track 2,which changes up every minute or 2 into a different weird new sound as I used a fine variety of pedals,and switched up on them often...rolling into the 3rd track here,,(and the longest at nearly 24 minutes),"Flamingo Fart Zone",(yes I titled all the songs the way the songs are titled on the Sonic the Hedgehog game,in "zones"), is an ambient and noisy piece,but at times has poignant moments of dreary sounding long drawn out horns? maybe?...I swear I can hear drums in the backround,once again the effects pedals are utilized in such a way as to make the piece sound as though there are muliple parts to it,(which there are,I could have broken down each track into a,b,c,d,etc ,in title),just experimenting,and I think I found another success with this one! the second half of this album is just as good,if not better than the first half starting with track 4,another topical ,tropical,title about my home state,Florida,as are all the titles on this release,"Sunshine State Zone" , is much different than anything that came before it,a lot of electronic blips,run thru the digital delay,and flanger,and pitch shifter....track 5 starts and ends with a very high pitched sound,which i can barely hear,although i am nearly deaf,so ,you may hear it....kinda sounds ,to me,like an old television quasar sound,like when the tv would be on in the other romm,and you knew it because you could hear the high pitch of the quasar....it goes on for about 2 and a half minutes ,and then the real noise begins,sounding much like a factory machine,or someone giving their dog a trim,and it ends off with the quasar sound again for around 2 and a half minutes...weird...it all comes to a bizarre,surreal end with the final track,"Wacky Weed Zone" ,which is where i spend most of my time...not on this release,but rather,in real life,daily..the track sounds ,again,like nothing else on this release,I tried to make every "song",sound different today,but anyways,track 6 is a great signing off number,has a real scratchy record vibe,like the needle is almost falling off,and eventually an industrial drum beat starts,and almost sounds like a piano ,at times,and the deeply scratched record sound carries on....the occasional weird sound or glitch will pop thru from time to time,which is all surprises for the more enlightened of us out there...this is more of my patented experimental trippy stoner noise,it's like a drug,and i can't stop!! 

credits

released October 1, 2026

NOISEKILLR - all effects pedals and production,music tracks and sound effects from Sonic The Hedgehog game

 

No comments: