Thursday, September 10, 2009

THORAZINE -demos and LP



Yes! the great Philly punk band Thorazine!THIS IS THE 200TH POST!HOO-RAY!Jo-Ann Rogan on vocals was kind enough to send me their early demos and lots of pics and news clippings.They were sued by the drug company who makes the medicine Thorazine,into changing their name(didn't happen),and toured with the 2 bands below this post,Dr.Bob's Nightmare and The Stuntmen,as well as playing with many other bands ,I'm sure.their biggest influence is the Ramones,as it should be for any punk band!An interview I did with them for unpublished Rodent Cake Magazine #3 is included,as well as hand written notes from Jo-Ann!Maybe she can give more details in the comments box,thanx Jo-Ann!Great punk rock that everyone should hear.I don't have everything they ever put out,but have also included their first lp.I have a live tape ,but it's lost in the vaults at the moment,I just had my hand on it a month ago!I'll put it up when I find it!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WOW After looking through the interview I remember having to TWIST Elliott's arms to write the answers. I am still twisting his arm to do stuff LOL.

Thanks for the memories...........

Anonymous said...

you can find our one and only video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-okxvMBy0

Unknown said...

This is great stuff. My band, Super Buick, used to play with Thorazine way back when. Unfortunately, I lent the entire discography to this crazy dude in upstate NY who burned all his music (including mine) because he thought the world was ending in 2000. Total dick. Hey, Jo-Anne, you rock. Let Elliot know that I'm sorry for beaning him with a mannequin head at Nick's, or whatever other bullshit I pulled that made him hate my guts!