Thursday, April 1, 2010

MYOPIA-live at the draft house-the final show


I finally got a RCA Y-plug to upload this.All the sound was on one side,now in glorious fake stereo.Don't know where this show was mic'ed at,but sometimes the drums and vox are the loudest.Tony,Billy,Shane,and (as Pat Smear joining Nirvana)Ron Bohn.This was a historic event,if you were there,you are lucky to have witnessed Myopia live!As always very rare stuff,this is the only known copy.covers of Big Black,Angry Samoans,and almost The Fall(at which point the tape ran out,damn!),as well as that trademarked Myopia groove.Tony ,please fill us in with more info,I don't know the date,was there a flyer?
CLICK HERE:  https://archive.org/download/Myopia-liveAtTheDraftHouse-theFinalShow/396Myopia-liveAtTheDraftHouse-theFinalShow.zip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow---talk about a dodgy mix! Probably the ONLY time my vocals were audible on tape, but NOTHING much ELSE is...cool that we had the delay on the vocal mic. I don't know what all to say about this, except it wasn't quite as good as the Norma Jean's show.
Shame that we had TWO guitars, and you barely hear either of them.
I hope it sounded better than this, from the audience?!

T. Rizzo
ps some of the titles are wrong, but no biggie. 'head askew' was VORTEXAS, 'it had four eyes' was INAMORATO, etc...

Anonymous said...

Not sure of the date...inclined to say 1993?? If there was a flyer, and I'm relatively certain there WAS, being as I generally got a big kick out of making them, I have NO CLUE what it might have been? Are you sure this was the LAST show?? We did that benefit at Serena's in CC, but the time-frame eludes me. TR

Anonymous said...

Very shorts, simple and easy to understand, bet some more comments from your side would be great