Thursday, August 6, 2009

BONESHAKER


take some myopia,add a little kike,stir in some centrifuge,you got you some BONESHAKER!.tony ,ron bohn,and vance,are psychin- out on this awesome release.several instrumentals litter up the joint a bit,but rock none the less.great covers of the birthday party and dead or alive,as well as a stonehenge mouth number.tony is in top form lyrically,vocally,and instrumentally.vance is the steady anchor as always,and ron,while not in many sluggisha bands,holds his own here.there may be more tracks missing,as with kike and centrifuge,i need vance to get in touch with me,cuz he may have the lost sluggisha archives treasure chest(we all hope!)sometimes obtuse,other times ,shades of pop,this is a band to be reckoned with.art by tony and hopefully he'll leave some more notes about boneshaker in the comments!G O D.
p.s. a boneshaker is a velocipede!'
https://archive.org/download/BONESHAKER/159Boneshaker.zip


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't Tony "lose" the archive when he freaked out on that whole UFO trip? i think so. in any case i'll ask V tonite what all hes got

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! I didn't lose nothin' but my MIND...the cassette archive I had was lost in transit, moving when I lived with Isobel. Because I put the whole box in a cabinet, and forgot it when I moved out.
Included a wooden tape box with all Cat Machine releases, and the only tapes of Monkeychuck, and most of the FM Underground material, from pre-sluggisha era.
Including 'What're You, NUTSO?!'

Anonymous said...

which was YEARS before the 'UFO trip'...

Anonymous said...

P.S. Ed--I was totally wrong, when I said Vance didn't do any vocals, except 'Outer Space Radio'--the tape I have is copied from Francis (Ron), and was short SEVERAL of these tracks, including Perma-Grin (listed here as Permanent Smile), so I had forgotten.
'Sitting In a Building' is actually titled 'Headlong' and is just me, by myself. Recorded in a Boneshaker session, though.

the 'missing link' between Myopia, and Kike...TOTALLY.
-T. Rizzo

Hybrid Camel said...

dazzeling array of classic literature, metapsychosis and drum machinesx

Anonymous said...

oh, wait...you know what?! I probably DID have some tapes among my luggage that I abandoned in ATL.
I don't know about an ARCHIVE, but since this stuff was concurrent to Iso, and Centrifuge, etc. came AFTER, I probably DID lose some of them....
Left many items behind, when I split from Raquel...had to do a stealth maneuver.