Friday, January 21, 2011

AN INTERVIEW WITH FOOD FORTUNATA OF WHEELCHAIR RECORDS - 1/5/11 -WCSB,CLEVELAND -THE OLDE TYME DRICORE SHOW


Food is interviewed about Wheelchair and the 500th release.I was a guest on the show(talked about this here blog,yr. reading,now!) ,as well as the Mike from Sludgesicle Records,Stan Bowman of Reality Impaired Records in MO,and a few other insiders.A lot of music from the label is played,and a good time is had by all!Thanks to Food,The Olde Tyme Dricore Family Hour Show,WCSB,Orin Gubkin,and all who participated.It was fun!In 2 parts.Art by Food from Noah Lyon's Retard Riot minizine,Oct.2010 edition,where Food's art was alongside greats like Winston Smith and Mudboy.
CLICK HERE PART ONE:http://www.mediafire.com/?333bxqp2f372ie5
CLICK HERE PART TWO:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zr15qt1ddjbmk9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!

I haven't even downloaded this yet but this is like the holy fucking grail of what I'm looking for. I'm more excited about this than I usually even am about The Residents.

After listening I hope I don't forget to comment with my thoughts.

- anthony derobertis

Remi said...

Wow, that was informative!

I spent a good part of my teenage years listening to some of the bands mentionned in this interview (mostly Sokeye/Chachi on acid/Boy in Love etc...). At the time i was living in Reunion Island, i wasn't speaking english at all, there was no internet, and i had to get my tapes and 7" via some obscure french distro lists (in which almost no indications where given about the releases, except for the name and the format), so i had to choose at random what to order... I guess the Lord wanted me to see the light when he pointed my finger on some WCFOOM related names...

For years i've been clueless about the people behind those bands and behind WCFOOM, so thanks for posting this great interview G O D! And thanks for your Blog!

mike said...

so cool that you posted this. i remember not much from that night, i just remember i had a blast.

-mike sludgesicle
www.sludgesicle.webs.com

Il Ragno said...

That's what your tit said.