Thursday, February 2, 2012

CHARLIE POOLE AND THE NORTH CAROLINA RAMBLERS - Vol.2 -Old Time Songs Recorded from 1925-1930



This relic goes out to my pal John (Kaagootaabaa) ,because he is a North Carolinian ,and his last name might be Poole? (never asked him!). From the Spray/Leaksville area of central NC. If I were you ,I'd download this ,and seek out volumes 1 and 3 from this man, pronto! On County Records (County 509) ,outta NY(??!!) from ,I think ,1967. I've seen this record on the web ,but never with this cover ,or catalog number.Found it next to The Foster Family String Band album ,while thrifting ,50 cents. "If The River Was Whiskey",is my new theme song! John ,you must hear this ,and I'd like to suggest that you cover a few of these ditties!
CLICK HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sztxov6808a7imc

No comments: